What we stand for:
- Equal rights and initial opportunities for all residents of
- society based on the principles of solidarity;
- use of the Russian language in the official sphere;
- unconditional granting of Latvian citizenship to all Latvian non-citizens by the way of registration and naturalization;
- adequate salary and social guarantees, corresponding to the real cost of life;
- education in mother tongue;
- healthy environment and careful attitude to natural resources to benefit the next generation;
- non-participation of
- reduction of the military expenditure and redirection of means for the medicinal and educational purposes;
- state support for families;
- development of accessible municipal housing;
- honest recognition of the historical events, the absolute priority of the rights and interests of the nowadays living people over considerations of historical revenge.
FHRUL was founded as a union of the four parties in 1998 and participated in six elections. In 2003 FHRUL successfully overcame the leaving of several collective members and the following crisis. In 2007, the union was transformed into a unified party. In 2009, the party obtained the third place at the European elections.
FHRUL co-operates with European regional, green and left political parties.